So, you guys are going to think I am totally crazy…but I would like to think I am simply prepared. My step-dad always told me growing up, “pre-proper planning prevents piss poor performance”. Growing up I would mock him when he would say these ridiculous things, and now I am over here trying to find a fast and easy makeup routine for when the kids go back to school. I know…I know…but seriously I have to capitalize on the time I get after drop off. So getting myself completely ready in the morning is key! Not to mention I just like to feel put together, sets my whole day up. This is the makeup routine I will be turning to on the days that both boys need to get out of the house on time, and I will be left to run errands and whatever other shenanigans with just two, TWO (!!!!) children in tow.
It is really simple and quick. A natural look that doesn’t scream “I got up at 5:30 in order to get my glam squad on”. But enough of a sprinkle of makeup to look awake and ready for the day!
1. First thing you want to do is prime your skin! This is absolutely key to make sure that your makeup lasts all day and doesn’t settle into your pores. I am using the YSL touche’ eclat blur primer, and it is ridiculous! It makes your skin silky smooth, and it is also moisturizing!! Double the power if you ask me.
2. Use your regular foundation, tinted moisturizer, or bb cream next. I am using the Bare Minerals foundation and brush.
3. Next concealer!! I mean really…this is basically the most important step. I was probably up a few times in the night with a teething baby, so dark circles be gone, load me up with concealer. I am using the YSL touche eclat concealer.
4. Just a touch of color on the cheeks helps to keep this look very natural and low maintenance. I am using one of my favorites, the MAC baked blush.
5. This is kind of a new step for me, but it makes a huge difference. I am putting a very small straight line above my lash line with an eyeliner pencil. I never really do eyeliner unless I am doing a full on date night look, but you are going to smudge this out so it is not a harsh line.
6. And here we are. Use your finger to blend that line out into your lash line. It just gives the appearance of a dark line, and adds a little glam to your lashes. I used MAC fluid liner.
7. Next do a couple coats of mascara. I have been loving the Maybelline colossal mascara that I picked up at Target. The brush is huge, and really fans out your lashes making them full and fluffy!
8. Last step is to set your makeup. I am using the YSL touche eclate blur perfector. I am applying it to the areas that I get a little oily in during the day. My nose, my t-zone, and my chin. It is the perfect amount of liquid to powder goodness. Then finish it off with your favorite lip balm, or clear lip gloss.
And that’s it!
Super super simple, doesn’t take much time at all. You could probably do it while the kids eat breakfast. Then throw your hair in a top knot, because no one has time for full curls on a Monday morning!
Here is a look at the products I used:
A huge thank you to YSL Beauty and Influenster for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own…clearly.